1and1 is a web hosting with totally confused hosting control panel and it may fed up you while using 1and1 hosting control panel’s several things. Adding addon domain to 1and1 is not as easy as in cPanel and it is really irritating to find a direct option to add additional domains on a unlimited domain hosting account.
But here is a tutorial that makes adding addon domain to this hosting so smooth. All you need to follow this short illustrated tutorial step by step and carefully.
Awesome Way to Add Addon Domain to 1and1 Hosting
- Log in to your 1and1.com account and click on domain center
- Click on Transfer/Move domain tab and it will show a dropdown menu
- From this Dropdown menu, select “Transfer your domain”
- On next screen enter your domain name that you want to add to hosting and click on “Check Domain” button
- On the screen next to that you will get an error “This domain is already registered”
- You need to tick on option “Point DNS to 1and1 name servers and keep your current registrar and then click on “next” button
- On the next page, again press “Next” button
- Again click on “Order” button on the next screen (you will need to copy name servers detail from this page )
Overall, we need to say that 1and1 should review the way they offer to their customers to add addon domains. It is totally confusing and a new 1and1 hosting user may scratch his head while searching the way to add addon domains.